Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Shop Hop 2010 and the Dillard House

Saturday was a day of adventures for me, Murray, Mom, and Paige. I was supposed to be cleaning and getting some of Murray's old clothes ready for this giant children's consignment sale in August. Instead, we decided to go somewhere fun! My mom loves (I mean LOVES) to quilt and she found out about this things called Carolina Shop Hop where you visit these quilitng stores and you buy a little kit that has the stuff for each block. When you visit all the stores you have enough blocks for an entire quilt. It was actually pretty fun... you got free candy at the places too! Who doesn't love free candy? Haha.
Here is me, Murray, and Mom at our first stop.













Can't you tell how excited I am? :)

Now our second stop was in Franklin, NC. This quilt shop was called...













Yes... You are reading that right. Deb's Cats -N- Quilts. This was a weird store! There was a ton of car fabric and stickers and weird stuff... But nonetheless, we got our papers stamped and registered for the prizes!!














Even Murray was getting in on the BIG FUN we were having!

We went to one more store in Franklin and I LOVED it! It was a super cute store! Paige showed us a little bit of Franklin (and OTTO! O-T-T-O, spell it backwards O-T-T-O haha). She grew up there and her family has a bunch of land there..














This was her grandmother's street. It was pretty cool.

After that we decided to go to Dillard, GA to the Dillard House for lunch. Can we say YUMMO?!?!?! That place is so fantastic! It's family style, so they bring all this food to the table. I completely forgot to take a picture, but it was soo good!

Murray loved being outside! I just don't understand how MY child loves being outside when I hate it so much...













Isn't she a cutie?? :)

<3bri

                                            Wanna play? Click the link and see how it works! :)

4 comments:

  1. I am following you from Tuesday Tag-Along. I just love your blog!

    Tracy
    www.cutorcopyandpaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Tag A Long Tuesday.
    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/running-with-the-devil-coyotes-and-pit-bulls/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I am returning your follow. Murray is a cutie! That does sound like a fun day. I love to eat at Family Style places.

    ReplyDelete