Thursday, July 7, 2011

Coconut Pancakes

Yesterday I wanted to make pancakes for breakfast. I was just going to make plain jane boring
pancakes, but then I saw that I had a bag of coconut in the freezer when the brilliant idea hit me. COCONUT PANCAKES! Yes, I know they sound delicious. They really are! I searched really fast on my phone for a recipe and I found THIS recipe from Served with Love. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, so I will give you my version. :) Also, when I make pancakes I don't really measure, so I will do my best to make it accurate.

Ingredients
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C 2% milk (more if too thick)
1 egg
1 TBSP sugar (original called for 2, but with the sweetened condensed milk, it wasn't needed)
1 TBSP baking powder
dash of salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut ( i used sweetened)

Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Stir in sugar and coconut.

Whisk egg with the sweetened condensed milk and 2% milk. Add to dry ingredients and beat until smooth. If too thick, add a little more 2% milk.

Now, cook your pancakes. :) I think this made about 12 smaller pancakes for me.

No syrup is needed, but because I am a little obsessed with sweetened condensed milk, I drizzled a little on the top and threw on a little shredded coconut. I wish I had gotten a picture, but take me word for it. They were beautiful and delicious!

ENJOY!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment